SSDT SSIS designer and Ankh SVN

• Hi All,

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue (or exactly what causes it), but I thought I'd share in case anyone else has the same problem...

I've been struggling with the new SSIS designer in SSDT ever since i installed SQL Server 2012 - every time i use the "edit script" of a script task or script transformation, the editing environment loads with an empty solution. I did some googling, and found lots of people experiencing the same issue, but no reliable means of fixing it. Many advocated a complete reinstall, which i tried, to no avail.

However the problem seemed (for me at least) to be caused by having AnkhSvn installed. I uninstalled it, and SSIS instantly worked. Reinstall and its back to being broken.

This is annoying, as I really like using Ankh Svn, so if anyone knows how to get both working, that'd be great, but if not, hope that helps someone else.

• T. C. (8/4/2012)

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue (or exactly what causes it), but I thought I'd share in case anyone else has the same problem...

I've been struggling with the new SSIS designer in SSDT ever since i installed SQL Server 2012 - every time i use the "edit script" of a script task or script transformation, the editing environment loads with an empty solution. I did some googling, and found lots of people experiencing the same issue, but no reliable means of fixing it. Many advocated a complete reinstall, which i tried, to no avail.

However the problem seemed (for me at least) to be caused by having AnkhSvn installed. I uninstalled it, and SSIS instantly worked. Reinstall and its back to being broken.

This is annoying, as I really like using Ankh Svn, so if anyone knows how to get both working, that'd be great, but if not, hope that helps someone else.

I used VisualSVN at a previous employer before they started charging for the client piece. I must say that their support was really good at the time. When I first tried it out it didn't work with BIDS at all. I reported it to them and they had it fixed in a few weeks. Pretty nice for what was a free product at the time.

Here are some other VS SVN add-ins but I don't know which, if any, support SSDT.

• VisualSVN[/url] - $49
    • VsTortoise[/url] - Open Source, requires TortoiseSVN
    • Agent SVN - $59.95 after 55-day trial
    • TamTam SVN SCC - Free ($9.95 to remove nag screens)

Please let us know if you figure out what's wrong with AnkhSVN or if you try out any of the other SVN add-ins for Visual Studio.

[font="Tahoma"]Bryant E. Byrd, BSSE MCDBA MCAD[/font]
    Business Intelligence Administrator
    MSBI Administration Blog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply