SSC Points

• Thanks.

BTW Neat the way you're time stamp is before the question was posted.

• jfmccabe (8/27/2009)

Thanks.

BTW Neat the way you're time stamp is before the question was posted.

Ok, hopefully that should be sorted now. What do you mean about the time stamp - I can't see that?

Mel

Mel HarbourProject ManagerRed Gate Software

• Yes it is. Typical of databases! They do what they want not what you expect them to do.

I was looking at the login time rather than the timestamp.

• jfmccabe (8/27/2009)

Yes it is. Typical of databases! They do what they want not what you expect them to do.

I was looking at the login time rather than the timestamp.

s/databases/computers/

Mel

• my points are well out of sync again, there is a difference of 255 this time

how often is the home page and the forums sync'd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Currently the syncing isn't working at all (although I can do it manually from time to time). We know what the problem is and should be able to get it fixed either this week or next, but we want to combine it with a pass through the various SQL Server Agent jobs that are running (or not running!) on the server to prune out some of the old ones that are no longer in use and to check the setup of those that remain to make sure that they're nicely tuned, running on appropriate schedules and configured to report failure correctly.

Mel

• Mel Harbour (9/8/2009)

Currently the syncing isn't working at all (although I can do it manually from time to time). We know what the problem is and should be able to get it fixed either this week or next, but we want to combine it with a pass through the various SQL Server Agent jobs that are running (or not running!) on the server to prune out some of the old ones that are no longer in use and to check the setup of those that remain to make sure that they're nicely tuned, running on appropriate schedules and configured to report failure correctly.

Mel

so you want to fix it during your next maintenance window i take it..., whenever that is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]

• Well, as I said, we're aiming to get some fixes out later this week, so hopefully we will be able to include this in that.

Mel

• Mel Harbour (9/8/2009)

Well, as I said, we're aiming to get some fixes out later this week, so hopefully we will be able to include this in that.

Mel

Do you need any volunteers to test the changes that you will be making :Whistling:

• Some of the changes fall into the 'should have no effect' (how many times have you heard that before!).

Mel

• Mel Harbour (9/8/2009)

Some of the changes fall into the 'should have no effect' (how many times have you heard that before!).

Mel

About as many times as I have heard 'Use redgate software, its the best' 😛

• The forums were down this morning, I am assuming that it was down to maintenance. I can see that my title has gone up. but not to the correct one, I am about 300 points out atm.

How often does the syncing run. I know you are working on it. but what is the normal frequency of the job.

thanks

• Yeah, that wasn't maintenance this morning. They just went down all by themselves. Don't quite know why yet - it's one of the mysteries of IIS!

The syncing from main site to forums, if it's working correctly, should run every 24 hours.

Mel

• seems to run very slow at times especially in the mornings GMT. still 350 points out on forums 😀

• Mel Harbour (9/9/2009)

Yeah, that wasn't maintenance this morning. They just went down all by themselves. Don't quite know why yet - it's one of the mysteries of IIS!

The syncing from main site to forums, if it's working correctly, should run every 24 hours.

Mel

Not to stress a point, but i will be close to over 500 points a drift by close of business today. Is it very time consuming to run this job manually to sync points for everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply