SSC Not askign me to login in

• I have the past week weeks noticed something a bit strange about how the links from notifications are handled if I'm not logged in. If I'm not Logged in and I click on a link from one of the notification emails, instead of being prompted for my username/password it seems to redirect to the /Forums list. If I log in and then click the link from the notification email it seems to work and take me to the appropriate thread.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks,

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Interesting, I'll check. We were experimenting with removing the requirement to log in to read forum posts, but it should take you to the proper page.

• Sorry I just re-read my original post, that should have been the past few weeks... It seems to happen when a) I'm on a PC I've never used before, or b) if I clear my cookies. If I open my email first and then click on a notification link in either of those 2 instances I have the issue.

Also, this has occurred with FF and IE.

Thanks,

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I had noticed that I was not asked to login when uses links from email, but I was, this was a couple of weeks ago, taken to the correct page. I'll clear my cookies and see what happens with the next email.

• I just cleared my cookies, and clicked on an email link to The Thread and went directly there without being logged in. Of course I just logged in to post this. I am on Windows XP SP3 and FF 3.5.

• Perhaps it's not a cookies thing, but I suspect that it is... Currently I'm using FF3.0.11 WinXPsp3, but the same thing happens at home with Vista and at other locations where I use IE. I have FF set to clear private data when I close FF, the only thing I don't remove typically is cookies, due to this site and a few others... If I select all of the options upon closing FF, then I open FF, open my Gmail account and click on the notification link for this thread and I see what's in the attachment, sorry had to zip it cause it was huge.

-Luke.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply