SSC Level List?

• Must be a joke, he was one of the founders of the site.

• Bryansky (1/29/2008)

just curious,... why K. Brian Kelley's user level is "Keeper of the Duck"? I didn't see that one in the level list... 😛 :hehe:

Sounds like a joke on some of the titles English royalty used to bestow to people.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I believe you can override your own user level, or maybe just Brian can as a moderator. Not sure what it means, but he has a duck on his shoulder in his picture.

• are there other ways of accumulating points as well as answering 'Today's question' correctly?

I'm unsure of exactly how the points thing works, but I'm interested in trying to increase my points as well as my knowledge - call it vanity, but there is a certain 'frisson' in moving up a level (even from newbie to rookie!!)

😛

• Ivanna Noh (2/18/2008)

are there other ways of accumulating points as well as answering 'Today's question' correctly?

I'm unsure of exactly how the points thing works, but I'm interested in trying to increase my points as well as my knowledge - call it vanity, but there is a certain 'frisson' in moving up a level (even from newbie to rookie!!)

😛

Keep on talking:) No - really. You "acquire points" as well by simply participating in a conversation, etc... 1 pt per post and however many points you acquire from QoTD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Hi Matt

Thanks for the quick answer - I will cetainly keep visiting this site, and will try to participate rather than just lurk as I often do 😎

thanks again...

• You could also publish a distribution graph so we can see how many members are at each level?

• Now that's a good idea. I'll see if I can get one going.

• Suggested level name: SSCursorBane

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Did the distribution graph of members at each level ever get published?

I've recently being trying to get more involved in this site and I'd like to be able to track my progress (such that it is) against the great and the good.

By the way - great site - I find this absolutely the best resource for me in terms of finding answers and information. Long may it continue.

Andy

RedLlewy
    "The Plural of Anecdote is not Data"

• Andy Llewellyn (11/10/2009)

Did the distribution graph of members at each level ever get published?

Don't think so, but it's heavily weighted to the lower end.

There are 15 people with a score over 5000, 4 with a score over 10000

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I'll see if I can whip one up in Excel or SSRS. Not sure we have that on the servers, but I can suck down some of the stats and use those.

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/10/2009)

I'll see if I can whip one up in Excel or SSRS. ....

On a site all about SQL Server, he proposes using Excel instead of Reporting Services! Oh the irony! 😛

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• LOL, I was going to stop at Excel and then thought that would be bad.

For a simple chart, Excel is just better. Microsoft finally gave up as well, and instead of building a new BI tool, they built an add-in for Excel. It's just the best way to easy, quick and dirty, work with data.

As a side, I was cooking lunch, and started thinking about SSRS, setting up a monthly report, a subscription, etc. to get this done. Now I'll just walk over to my desktop, and I can have a chart inside of 10 minutes. Probably 9 of that to download the data via VPN.

• GilaMonster (11/10/2009)

Andy Llewellyn (11/10/2009)

Did the distribution graph of members at each level ever get published?

Don't think so, but it's heavily weighted to the lower end.

There are 15 people with a score over 5000, 4 with a score over 10000

Not much longer and there will be 5!! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply