SSC Forum Updates

• This quote with Code Tags inside has gone a bit wonky. Looks like all the Line breaks were lost inside the quoted SQL: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/1849258/Using-a-DR-Script-with-Encrypted-backups

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• ChrisM@Work - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:12 AM

Dave Convery - Thursday, January 12, 2017 6:46 AM

We've just deployed an update that should concatenate empty space at the start and end of posts, and fix the word wrapping.

Top work.
    I must say, this is very much better than the release to test a few weeks ago, which was littered with bugs.

Agreed. There were loads of bugs in the early releases back in November. We've been busying away at them all through December and early January, which has made things a lot better. There's still plenty of stuff for us to continue to work on, but at some point we had to bite the bullet and go public, hoping the changes will be well received on the whole. Thanks very much for helping out with the earlier release. It's much appreciated. 🙂

• my time zone is set to GMT (Western Europe) in the Forums Control Panel...however all the times showing on posts are 7 hours behind....??

• J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:27 AM

my time zone is set to GMT (Western Europe) in the Forums Control Panel...however all the times showing on posts are 7 hours behind....??

looks like I need to alter my sig line as well

• J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:28 AM

J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:27 AM

my time zone is set to GMT (Western Europe) in the Forums Control Panel...however all the times showing on posts are 7 hours behind....??

replying to a post does appear to take a bit longer before you are returned to the site....hopefully this will bed down

• Brandie Tarvin - Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:44 AM

I don't like that it jumps me to the end of the thread after I finish reply to a specific post. If I'm not done reading the entire thread, I have to navigate back to where I was. I don't know if this bugs anyone else, though. So please +1 this post if you agree that "jump to the end of the thread after replying to a specific post" is annoying.

Edit: even more annoying. I don't have to reply to a specific post. If I just hit REPLY at the bottom of the page, it does the same thing. GRRR.

I agree - it's super annoying. This comes from the current views being unthreaded, so whilst you can quote any existing post, all new posts always appear at the end of the list. The new underlying forum engine does support threaded views, but we haven't turned it on yet for fear of the potential performance impact it will have, especially on some of the really big popular threads. We hope to turn it on in the future, at which point this concern should be addressed.

• J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:28 AM

someone please point me to where I can alter my sig line ...::hehe:

• J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:38 AM

Click the little person icon right at the top right, next to your name (and under the search box). Then go to "edit profile", and there should be a signature tab.

Cheers,
    Rob

Select the little avatar guy at the top of the page:
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Uploads/Images/01ac873b-064f-4c66-b754-6034.png
    then:
    https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Uploads/Images/6edc50c1-ff9b-4931-af23-0525.png
    And then on the signature tab:

J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:28 AM

Click on the thing between your name and the envelope at the top of the screen; click "edit profile".  On the popup, click on "signature"

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• Thom A - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:15 AM

This quote with Code Tags inside has gone a bit wonky. Looks like all the Line breaks were lost inside the quoted SQL: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/1849258/Using-a-DR-Script-with-Encrypted-backups

Looks OK to me in both IE11.0.9600.18499IC (Update Versions: 11.0.36 (KB3191492) and Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m.

Seems to match what you posted initially (I tried to upload a screenshot of it but it seemed to freeze, don't know whether it's an issue with the new software or our work's internet being useless!)

J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:28 AM

My Account.
    Edit Details of my Profile.
    If you click on the right (inside like "edit website"), it comes up with a window where the .sig editing is hiding.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• robert.chipperfield - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:40 AM

J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:38 AM

Click the little person icon right at the top right, next to your name (and under the search box). Then go to "edit profile", and there should be a signature tab.

Cheers,
    Rob

Thanks Rob.....just takes a little time to find where everything now lives

• where do I now find "My Posts" ??  personally I used to use this a lot to quickly get to some threads that I had replied in.....am sure it must be somewhere? 🙂

• J Livingston SQL - Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:46 AM

where do I now find "My Posts" ??  personally I used to use this a lot to quickly get to some threads that I had replied in.....am sure it must be somewhere? 🙂

Click on your own name anywhere it shows up - on the account page you'll see tabs for topics you've started and replies you've posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply