SSAS Tabular SSDT DAX Drillthrough Issue

• Hello,

I've come across a scenario where the drillthrough functionality is not working when multiple dates from a fact table is joined to a single date dimension.

If I have a fact table with multiple status dates e.g. Resolved Date, Logged Date and join it to one Date dimension table, one of the relationship would be made active and to get the other inactive relationship to work I use the USERELATIONSHIP function.

CALCULATE(SUM([ClosedFlag]),USERELATIONSHIP('Incident Metrics'[ClosedDateSID],'Date'[DateDefinitionSID]))

The results work fine when selecting the 2 measures against the one date dimension.

The issue I'm experiencing is when I drillthrough the measure on the InActive measure in Excel by adding the DAX in the Detail Row Expression, the drillthrough return the rows that is from the active relationship and not from the measure that was from the inactive relationship.

How can I get the inactive measures to drillthrough correctly?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• The Detail Rows Expression for the measure needs to include the USERELATIONSHIP() function as well, because the DAX formula for the drill-through is executed independently from the measure itself and therefore not aware of the fact that you've changed the filter context inside the measure formula. You can use the CALCULATETABLE() function in the Detail Rows Expression to do this.

I was in the midst of writing a blog post about this when I saw your question...it'll publish next week and will explain it in more detail. I'll post the link here when it does 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply