SSAS restoration Error

• Hello SSAS Experts,

In one of the SSAS project I connected to the SSAS database from BI. I only dropped and then re-created few objects there and saved the changes.

Then after I took a backup of my SSAS database torestore it to a different machine but during restoration I am getting the below error:

Please note that MYSSAS is the server from where the backup was taken.

All servers are running SQL 2005 DEV SP2

===================================

Errors in the OLE DB provider. Could not connect to the redirector. Ensure that the SQLBrowser service is running on the 'MySSAS' server.

Errors in the OLE DB provider. An error occurred while named instance information was being retrieved from the SQLBrowser service on the 'MYSSAS' server.

Either a connection cannot be made to the MYSSAS\SQLAna2k5 server, or Analysis Services is not running on the computer specified.

Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Invoicing times 1 dimension, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\FlexLab_New.2.db\Invoicing times 1.0.dim.xml'.

Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the FlexLab_Economy cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\FlexLab_New.2.db\FlexLab_Economy.52.cub.xml'.

(Microsoft.AnalysisServices)

Any Idea?

-Forum Etiquette: How to post Performance Problems[/url]

-Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code to get the best help [/url]

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes peoples time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic735486-147-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply