SSAS crossjoin error on drill through

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to perform a drill through on my cube but I get an error:

"Query (7,1) The VehicleType hierachy is used more than once is the cross join function"

the measure table is linked only once to the dimension, so what is likely to be causing it, and does anyone have any suggestions on what to check ?

Help as always would be much appreciated

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Hi Dave,

Post the MDX and I'll take a look. 🙂

I'm on LinkedIn

• Hi

thanks for the reply. Only snag is I'm not running an MDX query.

In my cube I have set up a drill through action on to drill through on a measure group. I have checked the same dimension isn't used twice - but no joy.

Cube builds and processes fine and the dimension works ok - its just on the drill through.

So is just an MDX query in the background that has been misconfigured? (all my work in SSAS has been done via BIDS and not scripts, so it should work

> I should also say that dimension links to two fact tables. I taken the back to basic approach and deleted the dimension completely from the solution and recreated it.

.... so far I've map the dimension to one of my fact tables and the drill through works (I have for now omitted the vehicle type from the drill through), so I'll build up the solution from there).

It would still be useful to understand what's gone wrong

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Doh! I meant to say the XML code for the drillthrough action. 🙂

I'm on LinkedIn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply