SSAS connection failures. Unable to read data from transport connection.

• Hi,

Standalone default SSAS is installed. No issues connecting from SSMS on the server where SSAS is installed.

I can able connect to that from my local machine ssms, however when I right click and select the properties getting the below error

A connection Cabot be made. Ensure that the server is running. (Microsoft.Analysis.cor)

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (System).

when I tried to right click and refresh or click on the cube similar error message

A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla)

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (System).

Some times unable to make even the connection. Received similar error message

A connection cannot be made. Ensure the server is running. (Microsoft. AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

Assigned one port & Firewall rule is opened for the port. Only default instance so it shouldn’t be depending on browser. Any help will be appreciated.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Same issue with me for SQL 2019 version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply