SSAS ASLB: Monitoring Techniques

• Hello,

We have ASLB installed with 3 servers for load balancing, there are times we observe that one of the servers are causing in slow in performance. It was more of human understanding on performance degradation than any kind of monitor in place to confirm the slow performance. I would like to implement something like this to overcome the situation:

- Identify which server is causing the performance degradation

- Bring that server down from ASLB

- Recycle the Analysis Services on that server

- Add the server back to ASLB

However, I am stuck at the first step on what's the best way to figure out if server is causing the trouble in terms of performance.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• srinivas.akyana (1/9/2016)

Hello,

We have ASLB installed with 3 servers for load balancing, there are times we observe that one of the servers are causing in slow in performance. It was more of human understanding on performance degradation than any kind of monitor in place to confirm the slow performance. I would like to implement something like this to overcome the situation:

- Identify which server is causing the performance degradation

- Bring that server down from ASLB

- Recycle the Analysis Services on that server

- Add the server back to ASLB

However, I am stuck at the first step on what's the best way to figure out if server is causing the trouble in terms of performance.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick question, do you have any monitoring on the SSAS servers?

😎

• Not at the server level actually, have a monitoring in place for queries which runs for more than 10 mins. I am looking for some suggestions at server level monitoring.

Thanks!

• Here is an excellent article on the subject by Pinal Dave.[/url]

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply