SSAS 2012 Tabular Deploy Error

• I have a laptop that has 64x SQL Server 2012, 86x Office 2010. When I create a project in SSDT and tried importing data from a database it works fine when I add in an Excel workbook I get an error. Screen shot is attached. I have tried installing the Access Database Engine and I still get the same error message. Does anyone have any ideas why I am getting this error?

• There is no screen shot.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Attachment uploaded.

• Did you install 32-bit AND 64-bit providers?

• I have installed the 32 bit providers. I get an error when trying to install the 64 bit. It tells me that I have to uninstall the 32 bit version of office and then install the 64 bit. The problem with that is I cannot uninstall Office. This is a work computer that came with Office pre-installed.

• Strange. The error says it's looking for ACE OLE DB 12, while the documentation says ACE OLE DB 14 is needed.

Data Sources Supported (SSAS -Tabular Models)

Are you sure the ACE OLE DB driver is installed correctly? Maybe quickly create an SSIS project and see if you can import data from Excel there.

• cderosier 16389 (3/22/2012)

I have installed the 32 bit providers. I get an error when trying to install the 64 bit. It tells me that I have to uninstall the 32 bit version of office and then install the 64 bit. The problem with that is I cannot uninstall Office. This is a work computer that came with Office pre-installed.

Check with the IT team, you can probably get them to let you install 64-bit office.

It's what we had to do when we went to PowerPivot from 2008 R2. Needed the 64-bit memory access.

A quick work order to our IT department and we had the 32-bit version removed and the 64-bit version installed.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• mtassin (5/2/2012)

cderosier 16389 (3/22/2012)

I have installed the 32 bit providers. I get an error when trying to install the 64 bit. It tells me that I have to uninstall the 32 bit version of office and then install the 64 bit. The problem with that is I cannot uninstall Office. This is a work computer that came with Office pre-installed.

Check with the IT team, you can probably get them to let you install 64-bit office.

It's what we had to do when we went to PowerPivot from 2008 R2. Needed the 64-bit memory access.

A quick work order to our IT department and we had the 32-bit version removed and the 64-bit version installed.

My IT service desk told me there were still some stability issues with Office 64-bit. Are these in the past right now?

• Koen Verbeeck (5/3/2012)

mtassin (5/2/2012)

cderosier 16389 (3/22/2012)

My IT service desk told me there were still some stability issues with Office 64-bit. Are these in the past right now?

The only issues involving Office 64-bit that I've encountered is you need 64-bit plugins. 32-bit plugins don't work with 64-bit office at all.

I've been using 64-bit Office 2010 since PowerPivot was initially released with no troubles.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply