SQLWatch

• Hi,

I’m wondering if someone with knowledge/experience of SQLWatch could help me out with something.

We have SQLWatch set up on 2 DEV servers and 1 Central monitoring server, its working fine and the data from the 2 DEV servers is coming over to the central server, I can see alerts are being recorded in the table - [dbo].[sqlwatch_logger_check].

However, our issue that we are not being notified by any means (email, Powershell script running).

What’s interesting is that if we drop a row into the table [dbo].[sqlwatch_meta_action_queue] then alert notification does happen, so our issue seems to be for some reason alerts are being raised but the record is not being inserted into the queue table. I suspect some sort of mapping issue but as it stands now it all looks ok, I use the following to check

----Checks
    SELECT C.check_id,check_name,check_description,check_enabled,A.action_description,A.action_exec_type,A.action_exec
    FROM [dbo].[sqlwatch_config_check] C --Checks
    --And the alerts attached to them
    LEFT JOIN [dbo].[sqlwatch_config_check_action] CA ON C.check_id = CA.check_id
    LEFT JOIN [dbo].[sqlwatch_config_action] A ON CA.action_id = A.action_id
    WHERe C.check_id = -1

And it shows the failed job alert is set to run our PowerShell script, which it does when the row is manually inserted.

Any ideas on what the cause may be here?

Thanks,

Nic

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply