SQLServerAgentMail and Lotus Notes, not paging

• I have SQL Server 2000 Standard SP3 on NT 4 SP6a, I use SQLServerAgentMail with Lotus Notes MAPI support and the paging from Alerts or Notifications does not work. The email and netsend work just fine, but when you set the Alert or Notification to page an operator, it does not work.

Does anyone have experience with this, or know of any tips for troubleshooting.

Thank You,

epurg

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you verified you can send mail from the server logged in under whatever account the agent runs? Getting any errors when you try to run xp_sendmail?

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Andy,

Thanks for responding. The agent runs under a domain account with Administrator rights on the server. I can send mail through lotus notes when logged on to the server with the domain account. When I run xp_sendmail I get the messages: "Mail session started", and "Mail Sent". I checked the Event Viewer and there were three entries that corresponded to the xp_sendmail. The first said "8128, Using sqlmap70.dll version 2000.80.760 to execute extended stored procedure xp_sendmail. The second said "Error: 1073759806, Severity 1, State 0, Starting SQL Mail session...". The third said "Error: 1073759778, Severity 1, State 0, SQL Mail session started.".

Notifications from jobs work via email to all email addresses except for pager emails. Our pager emails are formatted as such: access#.pager#@pagerservice.net. The access# and pager# are all numeric.

Thanks again,

epurg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply