SQLServerAgent Stopped in SQL7

• To SQL Experts:

I am using MS SQL 7. I have scheduled jobs (full backup to my backup server). Unfortunately, this past few days, the scheduled jobs were not successfully executed. As I investigate the problem, I notice that the msdb database was in 'Suspect' mode. The reason I can't start the SQLSErverAgent. Please advise how can I start the SQLServerAgent so I can execute the said jobs. Thank you in advance.

God Bless..

Kind Regards,

Leny Mendoza

• Restore MSDB from last good backup.

You do have backups of MSDB, don't you?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • you mean, I'll resotre the msdb from my backup server to the production? is it safe to do so? Thanks.

• No, not at all.

I mean you need to restore from the database backups that you have taken of MSDB. As in RESTORE DATABASE msdb FROM ...

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• OMG..i dont have a backup of the msdb alone..

only the mdf file..

is there other way to do it?

My apology..im still new to database administration..huhu...thanks a lot for the support..

• Then you will need to rebuild MSDB. You will lose all of your jobs, all of your backup history. I hope you have the jobs scripted somewhere.

I have no clue offhand how to rebuild MSDB in SQL 7. I suggest you hit google see if you can find any hits for a rebuild script for SQL 7, I'll ask some friends.

Gail Shaw

• thanks for the support..

:(, i hope you could still help me..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply