SQL*Server "time out" connection dropped around 3 to 4 hour mark.

• I am getting connections to SQL*Server "time out" after about 3 hours .. e.g. to somewhere between 3 hours and 4.5 hours ..   I tried a tiny Java app that connects and runs a query every minute until connection is lost .. It is repeatable for me that I get Java error:  com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Read timed out Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out         This affects all SQL Server apps for me .. i.e. SSMS drops it's connections after ~3 hours ... various SQL*Server related windows client/server apps drop their SQL server connection after about 3 hours ..      I can reconnect or restart apps after 3 hours .. does anyone know of a solution for this ? have other people had same issue ?      JDBC connection string example :  jdbc:sqlserver://HMB-SQL-002;databaseName=HAMBSStagePhoenix;integratedSecurity=true         Not everyone here at this place of work has this issue so it must be resolvable ?

• are you running sql server express? in older versions it would throttle your speed down if you had more than 5 connections open - every extra connection halved its speed - I'm guessing to protect licencing.

also are you sure you are closing your connections?

MVDBA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply