SQLServer installation Error - 64 Bit

• Dear All,

Iam facing the below error, when Iam trying to install SQLServer 2005 standard edition (64 bit) in Windowserver 2003 (64 bit).

The SQLServer service failed to start. For more information,see the SQL Server Books Online topics,

"How to:View SQL Server 2005 Setup Log Files" and "Starting SQL Server Manually."

Summery.txt

---------------

Property(C): ERROR_UNKNOWN = Installation error. Install it by running setup.exe.

Property(C): REASON_VERSION_ADDNODE = Adding nodes to the Virtual Server definition using a newer version of Setup is not allowed.

Property(C): REASON_OS_VER = SQL Server requires Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, or Windows XP Service Pack 1 or later for installation.

Property(C): REASON_OS_TYPE = This version of SQL Server is not supported on this version of Windows.

In Eventvwr:

------------

Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -- Error 29503. The SQL Server service failed to start. For more information, see the SQL Server Books Online topics, "How to: View SQL Server 2005 Setup Log Files" and "Starting SQL Server Manually."

The error is (1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Please advice.

Your quick reply is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravichandra.

• Can someone advise me on the this please....

• have you addressed the issues that are in the log?

• are you attempting to add a node to an existing clustered instance of sql server?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• I am having the same error message, but on Windows 2003 SP2 (32bit).

• Has SQL Server ever been installed on this machine before?

Is this a SBS?

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
    Elroy: Nope.
    George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply