SQLserver.com clock wrong?

• I noticed yesterday that the timestamps are all off by one hour. The site claims times are in GMT. Since I'm in the UK, this should currently match my local time, but at present it's showing 11:30 when my clock time is 10:30.

Derek

• I believe this is because there is old code here that changes DST at a later time in the UK. I'll have to see if we can get this patched.

• There's some problem with the time zones I think. For me the time shows 11:18, but it's actually 10:18. My timezone is set to GMT + 2, no DST

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • DST kicked in on Sunday in the US, which is how the servers work.

I think that the rest of the world might have a different DST date.

• No Steve the USA has a different DST

The UK has the 'correct' one. 😀

--Shaun

Hiding under a desk from SSIS Implemenation Work :crazy:

• Hah! The UK is running a bit behind because of the shadow from the US! 😉

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/8/2008)

Hah! The UK is running a bit behind because of the shadow from the US! 😉

All I want to know is - who do I call to get that hour of sleep back....?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Did any of you change the clock while transactional replication was working?

Do you know if that has a side effect, like breaking the replication or making oit fail?

My server support team wants to change the regional settings at the publisher but I want to be sure they won't break the replication.

Thanks

Norber

• Matt Miller (4/8/2008)

All I want to know is - who do I call to get that hour of sleep back....?

Matt - I think there is going to be a CU coming out in November to fix that ;).

Ian.

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    -- Winston Churchill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply