SQLDMO Redistribution

• I have used SQLDMO extensively (SQL2000) in an app I have just finished developing. I am now trying to make an install for Win2000 and am having troubles.

I have followed the guide in the redist.txt file on the SQL Server CD as follows:

sqldmo.dll (reg. by extracting com info)

sqldmo.rll (in app path folder)

sqlresid.dll (in app path folder)

sqlsvc.dll (in app path folder)

sqlunirl.dll (in system folder)

w95scm.dll (in app path folder)

I found that I could not even get my app to start without including obdcbcp.dll (which I assume is required by SQLDMO?).

Can anyone tell me what files I need to include and what path they need to be installed in?

Is there an existing redistributable package available anywhere that I can run from inside my app installer?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

• The odbc dll is a dependency of sql-dmo. I think if you use the desktop installation you should get the files you need. Try this link, maybe it will help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/distsql/distsql_4smr.asp

You can use depends.exe (part of Visual Studio, I think also avail on MS site) to see what you must have, then you have to figure out what would already be there and what you can redistribute! Here is the output from looking at sqldmo.dll on my machine with the SQL2K dev version installed:

ADVAPI32.DLL

COMCTL32.DLL

COMDLG32.DLL

GDI32.DLL

KERNEL32.DLL

LZ32.DLL

MSVCRT.DLL

NTDLL.DLL

ODBC32.DLL

ODBCBCP.DLL

OLE32.DLL

OLEAUT32.DLL

RPCRT4.DLL

SHELL32.DLL

SHLWAPI.DLL

SQLDMO.DLL

SQLRESLD.DLL

SQLSVC.DLL

SQLUNIRL.DLL

USER32.DLL

VERSION.DLL

W95SCM.DLL

WINSPOOL.DRV

Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply