sqlcmd

• I found recently sqlcmd is missing on my computer. It used to be there.

Not sure what happened.

I don't have SQL server installed on my computer, but just SSMS. Does the install of SSMS also install SQLCMD by default.

What could be a reason it disappeared.

• I can't speak to why it's missing but you can download the SQLCMD utility from Microsoft's website.

SSMS does have SQLCMD mode, when you're in a query window, click Query at the top of the screen, SQLCMD Mode is in the drop-down menu.

• Thanks, yes, I know I can do a separate download.

But just wonder if install SSMS by default also installs sqlcmd.

I had SSMS 18.4 installed (newest) , but apparently the sqlcmd is not available.

I cannot find a button of sqlcmd button in SSMS either.

What is looks like? I remember long time ago I saw it before.

Is it supposed like this for the new version of SSMS?

THanks

• I don't have a button for it either in the newer version. This is how I got to it. You have to have a query window open to get the Query option to show up at the top of the screen.

IMG_20191112_182039__01

• Thank you,  found it.

And I can run in sqlcmd mode in ssms.

But if I run in comand line, it still gives the error: sqlcmd is not recognized as an internal or external program.

And I searched in binn folder I don't see there is a sqlcmd.

So I guess install SSMS from microsoft site does not install SQLCMD.exe. Correct?

• I'm downloading SSMS now on my personal computer. Hang tight.

• It looks like SQLCMD is not included in SSMS 18.4. I upgraded from a previous version which is likely why I still have it on work computer.

• Thank you!

I will remember that if I just install SSMS, will also install sqlcmd separately.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply