SQLCLR

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQLCLR

• Thanks for the question, I learned something new 🙂

M&M

• Thanks for the question. A new topoic for learning.:-)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Nice question, thanks.

A bit easy though, as you can guess the answer just by looking at the names of the DMV. 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Nice one, thanks.

Iulian

• Koen (da-zero) (2/1/2011)

A bit easy though, as you can guess the answer just by looking at the names of the DMV. 🙂

I'm obviously too suspicious. I thought of that, then decided that it was too obvious and went off to read BOL.

• Andrew Watson-478275 (2/1/2011)

Koen (da-zero) (2/1/2011)

I'm obviously too suspicious. I thought of that, then decided that it was too obvious and went off to read BOL.

I did the same, but I don't think I'm too suspicious.

Not checking in BoL is a terrible idea when guessing - just think of the chaos you can cause by implementing a wrong guess on your production server - so doing it is a good habit to get into.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (2/1/2011)

Andrew Watson-478275 (2/1/2011)

Not checking in BoL is a terrible idea when guessing - just think of the chaos you can cause by implementing a wrong guess on your production server - so doing it is a good habit to get into.

Guess that makes three (3) of us, who use good common sense.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Learned a little something today, thanks.

• I learned this and double checked myself as well when writing this. The names are not always obvious, and BOL is a nice check.

• bitbucket-25253 (2/1/2011)

Tom.Thomson (2/1/2011)

Andrew Watson-478275 (2/1/2011)

Guess that makes three (3) of us, who use good common sense.

GMTA... Nice to know thier are many of us that think using the BOL to check an answer is Common Sense and not Cheating. :w00t:

• I thought checking BOL was cheating just like running code first... :hehe:

• OCTom (2/1/2011)

I thought checking BOL was cheating just like running code first... :hehe:

Many people think that... 😉

I was told checking your answer is called being able to show your work.

Most of the time, when you can't show your work, you are just showing someone elses. :hehe:

• Thanks for the question, though I did have to check BOL to make sure how I wanted to answer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply