SQL v7.0 Restore from Trail Version to Full Version DTS Pkg not Found

• We discovered that our SQL Server v7.0 was running a trial version of the software instead of our fully licensed version.  Through help from this website, I was able to unistall the trial version and install the full version and all databases were recovered without any dataloss.

However, we discovered this morning none of our jobs will run.  In trying to look at the jobs and associated DTS packages, I get an error the files can not be found.

Through my previous post on this problem, I was told these resided in the MSDB Database, and I'm wondering if there is a process I need to run to somehow get my jobs and DTS packages operational, or if I will have to recreate everything.

• They should be in syspackages in msdb. Check that table to see if they are there. The reinstall could have possibly overwritten the database. Do you have a backup?

• Thanks for the quick response ....  Right after I posted this message we discovered that SP4 had not been installed after we redid the intial install of SQL v7.0.

As soon as we put SP4 on, all the DTS packages and jobs started running.

• Glad to hear that...

• Me to ...

And I appreciate your quick response and help to my posting ...  This site has been a tremdous help ... !! 

• HTH... This is just the start .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply