SQL UniqueIdentifier question

• Hello,

Our reporting database truncates and loads latest data during each import and generates Unique Identifiers for Tasks and Project UIDs .

Example:

ProjectTable

TaskTable

We have a SharePoint list where incremental updates are done using TaskUID from Task Table and ProjectUID from Project Table.

If with every refresh, Project and Task tables regenerates unique identifiers , how the incremental updates are done in the SharePoint list ?

Thanks,

PSB

• If you are throwing away your only unique key every load, this sounds like an impossible task.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• It seems impossible to me too. However, when I track back with TaskUID in both TaskTable and SharePoint list ,I get exactly the same record.

• PSB wrote:

It seems impossible to me too. However, when I track back with TaskUID in both TaskTable and SharePoint list ,I get exactly the same record.

Are you saying that this process is already happening, but you do not understand how?

I thought that you were asking how to do it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I'm not familiar with sharepoint too much, but is it possible that the GUIDs are  being generated by the sharepoint server? not by SQL

MVDBA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply