SQL Tool that integrates into Notepad++

• I found a tool a year or so ago that integrated with Notepad++ and allowed the user to run queries against a sql database. Result sets are returned directly in a Notepadd++ window.

I thought it was great but couldn't justify using it then. I now can - but can't remember what it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• Not sure about this one. The only SQL-oriented plugin I've found is the Poor Man's TSQL formatter. Perhaps the plugin has been deprecated? In Notepad++, try Plugins>Plugin Manager>Show Plugins.

Please let us know what you find. After reading your post, I'm interested in this too.

• Maybe this way[/url]? Not sure if it still works in the latest Notepad++ and I don't have an instance I can check it against at the moment.

• Nope - thats not what I found. It is a commercial product offered as an alternative to SLQ Management Studio and has the ability to use Notepad++ as its front-end/IDE.

The reason I didn't pursue it at the time is that it costs. Now I want it again!

Thanks for trying anyway.

• Hello,

I think you mean the following tool:

Hope this helps.

Cu

Thomas

• That looks more like an IntelliSense type product that happens to work with several editors including Notepad++. Not sure if that's what the OP had in mind or not. Sound like he was thinking of a commercial product.

• I like Notepad++ very much, but I can't figure out why would you be interested in buying a software to run queries in it instead of doing it in SSMS.

I'm sorry that I can't help you, but I'm interested on your reasons. 🙂

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Thomas

That's the one. I think it's just superb. SSMS is not my favorite software and because I work for a variety of clients (often using hardware they've provided for network security reasons) I need something that allows me to generate sql code and test it out against a dev server before running it in live.

Thanks for the info. and to everyone else who tried.

😉

• thomas.oftring (8/13/2012)

Hello,

I think you mean the following tool:

Hope this helps.

Cu

Thomas

Make it easier for others:

http://www.softtree.com/sqlassist/index.shtml

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply