SQL SP4 Merge not syncing with MSDE on NT4

• I've got a problem where a Win2k server running SQL SP4 is not syncing with NT4 MSDE SP3a boxes.  I'm guessing the problem is caused by SP4 only running on the publisher.  SQL SP4 is not supported on NT4 (I know, but I can't upgrade our 80+ NT4 remote machines at this time).  I haven't found anything positive on MS' site yet about this, but does anyone know if you can mix various SQL versions with merge replication?  The problem is that data on the publisher is different than data on pull subscribers.  If I run a validation (with checksum), SQL reports that everythings okay.  If I perform selects from tables, I can see the data is different.  In some cases, I can do a fake update (set field equal to itself) and replication will report that its performing updates, but nothing actually changes (tried both at the publisher and subscriber).  I totally rebuilt merge replication at the publisher and subscribers (all 80+) and still have the problem with at least a few of the subscribers - maybe all since validation isn't reporting the truth.

Anyone know about this problem or have any suggestions?  I can rebuild the publisher with SQL SP3 if I have to, but wanted to be sure there wasn't something else I could do first.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This is a longshot....

When I installed SP4 I had to grants rights to the tempDB for an applicationLogin that perviously didnt need explicid rights to the tempDB.  Maybe the tempDB has something to do with your problem?

Like I said its a longshot.

-Isaiah

• I totally rebuilt the publisher and all subscribers (what fun!).  This seems to have corrected the problem.  With SQL reporting false validations, I can't say for sure, but all the data I've manually validated so far is correct.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply