SQL Server Snapshot Replication error 22018

• I am trying to get snapshot replication between two MSSQL servers to work but am receiving errors. Any help will be much appreciated!

My setup: Publisher/Distributor: SQL 2008 R2

Subscriber: SQL 2016

I am just trying it with a simple test table named Cars containing:

Car_ID Car_Name

1 Hummer

2 Porsche

3 Tesla

4 Bently

5 Lotus Elise

6 Mini

In the Replication Monitor I get the following errors:

Error messages: The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."Cars"'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037) Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20037 metadata query failed Invalid character value for cast specification (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 22018) Get help: http://help/22018 Unspecified error

• 1. Remove table from replication

2. Reinitialize subscription

3. Add table to replication

4. Reinitialize subscription

• Hi nstewart 66440,

I had have the same issue. Check your COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL of the subscriber and publisher database. I've configured both compatibility levels to 100 and now the replication is functional.

Greetings
    Marcus

• Marcus Lipski - Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:47 AM

Hi nstewart 66440,

I had have the same issue. Check your COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL of the subscriber and publisher database. I've configured both compatibility levels to 100 and now the replication is functional.

Greetings
    Marcus

Even 120 for the subscriber database works fine.
    Also replicating from SQL Server 2012 or higher to SQL Server 2016 works fine.
    I guess that there is a problem with native client 10 and the way it gathers the meta data of the destination table.

Regards
    Wolfgang

• Works for me, as well.

Source sql server 2005, Destination 2017.

Set Compatibility Level to 2008 using

ALTER DATABASE [LAB] SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 100
    GO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply