SQL Server Service won't Start After adding server to domain

• No I am running a Standard Edition.. I have also tried the link provided but I get the same errors in the cmd as in the log file. Thanks for the link anyway. I am going to un install now and then reinstall again. I would have loved to solve this issue unfortunately I am running out of time. Thanks for everyone's assistance though. I have learned a couple of things so t wasn't for nothing.

• I've run into the "unable to open E:\..." error when installing SQL Express on a domain controller, and the only way I found to fix it was to specify that the SQL Server service should start as Local System when doing the install--something to do with permissions on the system. When your server guys added this server to the domain, did they also make it a domain controller perchance?

• crazy_new (5/23/2016)

No I am running a Standard Edition.. I have also tried the link provided but I get the same errors in the cmd as in the log file. Thanks for the link anyway. I am going to un install now and then reinstall again. I would have loved to solve this issue unfortunately I am running out of time. Thanks for everyone's assistance though. I have learned a couple of things so t wasn't for nothing.

Just a note. I've seen this before where people think they're only dealing with Standard or Enterprise, but someone else had SQL Express installed on the box and it was messing with all their attempts to do other things. So check around and verify that hasn't happened to you.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I have now reinstalled SQL and it solved the problem. This is not the solution that I was hoping for but unfortunately I was running out of time so I had to get it solved. I will try to find out if someone had installed Express on there but I doubt it, this server has not been in use for a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply