SQL SERVER Service Startup accounts

• Hi Guys,

Recently My Boss told me run the SQL Server services under different account than installation account. So I am running integration service & Sql agent service under different domain account. So I want to know what are the minimum privileges required for the startup accounts for following services:

SQL SERVER AGENT Service --- run under domain\abc

SQL Server Integration Services --- run under domain\xyz

Privileges required for abc & xyz accounts.

Thanks

AKP

• Are you talking about NT privileges? If so there are couple of things you will have to give depending on the OS.

Here is a good link to help you with this.

-Roy

• Thanks for your reply. But Here I want to know what are the security requirements for those abc/xyz domain user accounts if i want to run agent & Integration services under these account. For example, domain\abc need to be local admin or it needs 'Log on as a service' local security policies or any other.

thanks

AKP

• AKP (7/16/2010)

Thanks for your reply. But Here I want to know what are the security requirements for those abc/xyz domain user accounts if i want to run agent & Integration services under these account. For example, domain\abc need to be local admin or it needs 'Log on as a service' local security policies or any other.

They do not need to be local Administrative level accounts on the server. Easiest way to handle this is to use SQL Server Configuration Manager to change the service accounts. It will assign the minimal permissions necessary. When changing the SQL Server engine's account, you *must* use SQL Server Configuration Manager to have everything changed properly.

And the link Roy provided does have the details you are asking for. It's in a table about half-way down the page. That's from Books Online, the documentation for SQL Server.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Perfect. I got it.

Thank you so much for your suggestions..

AKP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply