SQL Server schedule jobs running twice at the same time

• I am facing a problem in the backup jobs. My backup jobs are running twice at the same time.So the job get succedded once and fails for the other. I have restarted the server also. But the problem does not get rectified.

• Can you right-click and generate the script for the job for us to check?

Otherwise I'd remove the schedule, re-add it back to see if it still happens

It could a be a RETRY? First failed, retry, and succeeded

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • They shouldn't be allowed to run the same job at the same time. They weren't re-entrant in 2000 AFAIK. Are you sure there aren't two jobs doing the same thing?

• No same job can run concurrently in any version. When a job is running and not completed you cannot run it again in between period unless it gets completed.

Check correctly. It should be a different job with a so - so similar name and you getting confused as the same job.

SQL DBA.

• are you sure there are not two schedules specified within the job?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• There was conflict in the sysjobs and sysjobschedule. In the sysjobschedule there was different time and in the sysjobs different time. So i deleted the schedule of the job running twice and recreated the new schedule. Now it is working fine. Thanks for the reply.

• thanks for the feedback

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• script the job, delete it and recreate the job. It looks like the sql server is not in sp4. Try updating the server to sp4

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply