SQL Server Reserved memory TaskManager Usage?

• I have SQL Server EE. Setup with min=Max =7GB on a system with 8GB why task manager is showing SQL using 128 MB on the Proceses ? but on the Performance it says that the usage is 7GB

Anyone?

* Noel

• Do you have AWE set? I'm not sure 1GB is enough for the OS at this point. I know at 8GB, almost 1GB is used for swap space between the extended and lower memory, so I'd guess it's pretty close at 7. You might want this slightly lower at 6 or 6.5.

When you say on Processes, is this sqlservr.exe that's 128MB? That doesn't seem right. The usage on Performance is which value?

• Steve,

The actual value is 6114GB reserved for SQL Server the OS gets the rest (1GB to manage awe which BTW is On, plus what is left). Now the scenario precicely is like this:

Open Task Manager, Select the Performance Tab and you will see that the memory reseved by SQL Server indicates 6GB but .. and this is the reason of my question ... if you click on the Processes tab the memoy used by SQL Server process (sqlserver.exe) does NOT reflects that, in fact is indicating 128 ~136MB  

Hope is clear now.

So ???

* Noel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply