SQL Server Reporting Services

• Hello,

I have configured SQL Server Reporting Services on my local machine (Windows XP professional).When I try to open the web service URL displayed by Reporting Services Configuration manager (http://machinename:80/ReportServer) It displays the message that the page cannot be found.

What all the things should I check for to make it work.

Regards,

Rohit Chitre

• Have you configured it yet or have you just installed it.

If not you will need to use SSRS configurator. Within this it will let you provision the different URLs.

Nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure... :w00t:

• Hi,

Yes. I have configured it.I am using the URL which is displayed on web service URL tab.

• Have you looked at the IIS log or the reporting services log?

• Can you guide me how to look for Reporting services log?I am too new for reporitng services.

• For exmaple the path on my local machine is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\LogFiles

• It does not have any entries for today.

• Can you connect to the reporting services instance from management studio?

• No. It gives me the message "Unable to connect to the server.The specified URL might not be valid or there might be a problem with report server version or configuration."

I have attacahed the error message.

• i have exactly the same problem,

i can connect with the reporting services configuration manager, but when i try to connect through SSMS it gives me the same error message. open the report server with my web browser doesn't work either.

i am using sql server 2008R2 data center and windows7.

thanks for any advice!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply