sql server report service 2008 working with word

• Since I am new to sql server report service 2008, I have the following questions to ask:

1. I have alot of reports that need to have one to 10 paragraphs written prior to when the table is displayed.

Thus, I was thinking there would be toolbox items like a 'word' document that you can drop onto a sql server report

2008. However the closest thing I see is a texbox. Thus, is there any feature I could use that will display the

paragraphs prior to when the repiort is generated?

(The closest item is looks I can use is a textbox. Does the textbox have 'word' document formatting features?)

2. Is there away to get a word 2007 document addin to the SSRS 2008 development environmnent that I could use?

(I see there is something like Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, but I work for a small company and we do not

need a larger server for our needs.)

3. Is there a way to add sql service report service 2008 to a 2003 or 2007 word document environment?

4. When generating these reports, they will be exported to word 2003 or 2007 documents. Thus are there any

formatting features I should be aware of so the sql server report 2008 reports will have formatting problems? I want

to make certain that all the data is displayed appropriately for one page. basically there are not page breaks

between different sections of the reports, data that show be one one page does not overflow to two or more pages.

5. I would like to know how to make certain that that paragraph(s) that are setup to precede always show up prior to when the report is displayed.

Thanks!

• Hi,

my comments are added below with red color

1. I have alot of reports that need to have one to 10 paragraphs written prior to when the table is displayed.

Thus, I was thinking there would be toolbox items like a 'word' document that you can drop onto a sql server report

2008. However the closest thing I see is a texbox. Thus, is there any feature I could use that will display the

paragraphs prior to when the repiort is generated?

(The closest item is looks I can use is a textbox. Does the textbox have 'word' document formatting features?)

:-

Yes Text box u can use to dispaly the text data ,Actuvally SSRS very useful to applications where the data is coming from database ...if u want to show the data which will comes from database..then u can go through the SSRS beacuse really it has so many great feautures.

i really not understood what Paragraphs..u want to use in the text box..?

2. Is there away to get a word 2007 document addin to the SSRS 2008 development environmnent that I could use?

(I see there is something like Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, but I work for a small company and we do not

need a larger server for our needs.)

If have Word 2003 u will get the exported format as in word 2003..

Not sure ...about this

3. Is there a way to add sql service report service 2008 to a 2003 or 2007 word document environment?

Yes u can genereate report in both the enviroments..

4. When generating these reports, they will be exported to word 2003 or 2007 documents. Thus are there any

formatting features I should be aware of so the sql server report 2008 reports will have formatting problems? I want

to make certain that all the data is displayed appropriately for one page. basically there are not page breaks

between different sections of the reports, data that show be one one page does not overflow to two or more pages.

Yes u need t ouse page braks and page allignments exactly...to get the output as u expected...

5. I would like to know how to make certain that that paragraph(s) that are setup to precede always show up prior to when the report is displayed.

Not understand again paragraphs...?

Thanks

Veeren

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• What I am talking about is displayed below:

The following table will tell you about the sales for the current year. Please note how the sales values change over time:

proucts Jan-2009 Feb-2009 Mar-2009

bike a $5,009.00 $50,000.00 $125.00

water bottle b$100.00 $200.00 $78.00

water bottle c$5.00$999.00 $999.00

bike shirt a$75.00 $68.00 $85.00

bike shirt b$500.00 $250.00 $98.00

bike helmet a$34,355.00$343.00 $4,353,456.00

bike helmet b$343.00 $555.00 $4,657.00

totals $40,387.00 $51,416.00 $4,359,498.00

The wording that states

"The following table will tell you about the sales for the current year. Please note how the sales values change over time:"

is what I call the paragraphs or sentences.

Another explaination is when you read a database book. The database book will have an description followed by a graph or chart is different cases. The description before the graph is what I am referring to.

thanks!

• Hi

i hope if u use table or list u can show this in a better way...

Thanks

Veeren

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply