SQL Server Registration

• Hello,

I have 2 servers. S1 and S2. S2 is SQL Server and S1 is another W2K server on which SSL is installed. When I try to register SQL serve S2 on S1 in Enterprises manager, it gives out an error message.

Question here are:

1 : Should we instal SSL on SQL server too also for this registration to succeed?

2: Any other way to disable the SSL on S1 and do the registration?

Kndly revert with any clues if you have...

Regards

Sathian

• What is the error message?

Possibilities: 1. your SQL Server is set for Windows Authentication only and S1 is not on a domain that is 'trusted' by S2's domain.

2. A firewall is between S1 and S2 and is blocking the ports SQL Server uses.

3. Something else....

Hard to even guess what might be wrong since you don't provide the error message.

-SQLBill

• Hello,

I am also from the same team!

The error message is : Encryption Not supported on the SQL Server ConnectionOpen(PreLoginHandshake())

SQL server is set for Windows authentication only and both the servers are in different domains but in a W2K forest and there is a trust between two domains. And it is possible to register the server from a machine where SSL is not installed.

We would like to know whether we need to go for a SSL certificate for SQL Server also or are there any settings on the SQL client manager (where SSL is installed) to disable the encryption for database communication

- Srinivasulu

Kind Regards,

Srinivasulu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply