I have few servers which shows different versions for example:

server 1 - SQL server 9.0.3054

server 2 - SQL server 9.0.3068

there is replication going between server 1 and server 2

server 3 - SQL server 9.0.3073, and server 3 is the distributor

other servers are

server 4 - SQL server 9.0.2050

server 5 - SQL server 9.0.3068

I dont know about it, is this anything cause of issue of any sql server patches or what needs to be done to keep them the same version,

Please advise/suggest

Thanks

• I would get the latest one out and apply to all of them.

Im on cumulative 6.

• how can i get that

• Thanks and one more thing, so this are the sql builds after service pack 2, but where can i download it and apply to older versions,

Thanks

• Look on the MS site and look up SQL Server patches should provide you the details..

Your have to probrably ask MS which ones are best for your system........

• allrite, thanks for your quick response, if you found any please post it here, unfortunately we dont have MS support for our company,

Thanks

• I thought there was a sql sever advisory tool.....i forget name of it...like windows you can see which patches need to be ran.

But your need to test out the SQL Patches.

I know there is SP3 out too but i cannot advise you which one to install.

• you mean the Upgrade advisor, thats when you migrate from 2000 to 2005, is sql service pack 3 is being used now a days. what kind of service pack you got,

• We are on Cummulative Patch 6 for SQL Server and this is build 3228 and ours work fine.

Anyone on higher than 3228 - can you let us know if your builds are working great and any problems with installing anything higher than this .

Cheers

• Not yet so far, i was just wondering why they all are different,

Cheers

• I recently installed SP3 on an A/P cluster. The build is 4028. Its working fine for the moment, would like to know if there are any issues...

Thanks!!

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• oh you just installed the SP3 - what was your version before going to the SP3.

On a cluster ....we have three two active and one passive....Do you install on one Active then the 2nd Active then the passive.........or does it know you have these and does everyone automatically.

• I was on 3042 (default SP2 version). I have a A/P cluster. I installed from the Active node..which works very well

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply