SQL Server on Veritas Cluster

• Hi guys. Actually I have a MSCS cluster environment with Windows 2K3 SP1 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP4 installed with two nodes. I'm going to perform an in place installation of Veritas Cluster and Veritas Cluster Server Enterprise Agent for Microsoft SQL Server

According to Veritas documentation, I should perform two separate SQL server installation on each node, and I'd proceed with the configuration of the resources. I suppose I'd uninstall SQL and proceed with Veritas Cluster installation and SQL Server single node installation.

Did you guys perform this activity?

If so, can I please have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Diego

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• If you have a problem with SQL, is Microsoft going to support it on Veritas? I'm a new DBA, but one of the last things I did in my past life was an Exchange 2000 reorganization. For disaster recovery we stayed with Windows Backup instead of a new disk to disk backup system we bought. The reason was that if we ever have a problem with disaster recovery, it's going to be a lot easier dealing with MS support with a basic installation rather than third party software that they may not even know about.

• Hello SQL Noob. Veritas Cluster is supported by Microsoft. Actually I'm waiting for answers by Veritas support, but I didn't hear them yet.

I know that I wouldn't have so many problems with a standard installation, because I already did it many times, but unfortunately we have to migrate to Veritas.....

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply