SQL Server Not Writing to error log

• I'm having a problem with one of my SQL Server 2000, sp3a, servers.  It does not appear to be writing to the sql server log.  I'm not even receiving entries on the database maintenance jobs.  However,  if I recycle the error log it does start writing to the newly created log.  Of course, if sql server is stopped for any reason, then nothing is being written to the newly created log.  The error log files are being stored in the proper directory, but unless it is a log created by the recycle log sp, they show a size of 0 bytes and are blank.  I don't know of anything different in the setup of this server compared to my other sql server servers.  The sql server log on those servers is operating as it should.

• Are you still getting entries in the Windows eVent log? It's possible that there may be some issue with that particular installation. I saw a couple entries recently on the KB on error logs. They're on Database Daily: http://www.databasedaily.com/Default.aspx?tabid=27&action=cat&lcl=2&parentID=23

• Thanks Steve.  The entries are being written to the Windows Event Log.  I checked out Database Daily but couldn't find anything that referred specifically to my situation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply