SQL Server Merge Replication

• Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have some problem about Merge Replication. I tried to research over 1 week, there is some problem that i can't figure out so i decided to create new topic in here. 🙂

First, i'm trying to merge Database A to Database B in local Server. So Database i want publisher contain this:

In Article Issues i choosed:

Because only Data in Table change therefore so i choosed it 😉

100% Snapshot was generated after that ( Problem not a valid window user i already figured out )

After that. I created Local Subscription in same Server ( Pull subscriptions and Subscription type: Client ),now problem is throw out:

"The schema script 'vwBuyADT_513.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber."

I tried research so many time in Google but any information i found isn't useful for this problem.

This problem still can ignore,Synchronization still running. But after 4-5 Hours running

This messages throw out:

"The Publisher failed to allocate a new set of identity ranges for the subscription. This can occur when a Publisher or a republishing Subscriber has run out of identity ranges to allocate to its own Subscribers or when an identity column data type does not support an additional identity range allocation"

I don't know what cause this problem but i think it will stop from Merge between 2 Databases.

My question is:

Is there anyway solve 2 probem? :

1. "The schema script 'vwBuyADT_513.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber."

2. "The Publisher failed to allocate a new set of identity ranges for the subscription. This can occur when a Publisher or a republishing Subscriber has run out of identity ranges to allocate to its own Subscribers or when an identity column data type does not support an additional identity range allocation"

Thanks for your time. Hope you will understand what i mean because my english isn't good 😉

• Another way i used to Merge Database is: Create 2 Databases. Restore same backup file to 2 databases. Then in Artical Issues I choosed only Table to Publish ( All tables for sure ) and problem still is the same. I tried so so many times but i can not figure it out :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

• We are also in the midst of implementing a merge replication solution in our company and we encountered the same issue.

There should be a column in the table with some specific properties like it should be an identity colum, row GUID properties, not exactly sure but you can refer to google.

If such a colum does not exist, SQL will create the column with a default range of identity values.

What we did was, we got back to the developers and asked them to have a redundant colum in each table participating in replication with those properties and after that, While setting up the publication, I manually bumped up the identity range value to 10 million for each table being replicated.

Did not see this error after that.

Hope this helps.

• indianscorpion29 (10/20/2014)

We are also in the midst of implementing a merge replication solution in our company and we encountered the same issue.

There should be a column in the table with some specific properties like it should be an identity colum, row GUID properties, not exactly sure but you can refer to google.

If such a colum does not exist, SQL will create the column with a default range of identity values.

What we did was, we got back to the developers and asked them to have a redundant colum in each table participating in replication with those properties and after that, While setting up the publication, I manually bumped up the identity range value to 10 million for each table being replicated.

Did not see this error after that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for help.With your comment i still have something to research 😀

Look like problem "The schema script 'vwBuyADT_513.sch' could not be propagated to the subscriber." is really hard to solve. Is there anyway to skip that error :w00t:

One more thing, that i'm trying to merge databases that have around 200-500 tables.. If i manually imcreate identity range of theme, it would be crazy for me :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I changed indentity range to 100 Million for each table. Lets see after 12hours :D.

Again, thank you 🙂

• Error appear after 11 minutes @@

"The Publisher failed to allocate a new set of identity ranges for the subscription. This can occur when a Publisher or a republishing Subscriber has run out of identity ranges to allocate to its own Subscribers or when an identity column data type does not support an additional identity range allocation. If a republishing Subscriber has run out of identity ranges, synchronize the republishing Subscriber to obtain more identity ranges before restarting the synchronization."

This is so hard =.=

• Also, you have to ensure that this type of colum should exist in the table being replicated.

It should be a unique one and also have the ROWGUID property.

I would rather you have the developer explicitly setup a column like this in each table being replicated. If no such column exists, SQL will create its own column like that and this might cause this issue again.

Unfortunately, while setting up publication articles, the step of bumping up identity range has to be done manually. I had to do it for 80 tables.

• Ofcourse that column is exist in table that being replicated. I don't change type of any column in DB that being replicated

It has publisher range size and subcriber range size, you set it for both or only publisher? 😉

• Bump!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply