SQL Server Managment Studio 2008 R2 hanging with blue circle

• Hi there

I am running SQL Server Management Studio (version 2008 R2) on Windows 7 (64 Bit) Professional.
    I have recently been experiencing issues on my session hanging with the blue turning circle.I only have a few windows open...
    but it still appears to hang intermittently.

Is there a way to stop this happen?

• What are you doing at the time it happens. Are you running a query, trying to connect to a specific instance?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• chris.asaipillai-624309 - Friday, January 27, 2017 4:09 AM

Hi there

I am running SQL Server Management Studio (version 2008 R2) on Windows 7 (64 Bit) Professional.
    I have recently been experiencing issues on my session hanging with the blue turning circle.I only have a few windows open...
    but it still appears to hang intermittently.

Is there a way to stop this happen?

SSMS is now standalone, you can upgrade your version here.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply