SQL Server Linked Sever Connection going missing

• I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 Instance running on Windows 2008 and clustered using Veritas Clustering.

The server acts as a distributor and publisher of a database using I have SQL transactional replication (SQL TR) to another SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Instance.

As Part of the set-up of SQL TR it creates a linked server definition on the Clustered Instance to the Reporting instance.

If I Stop and start the Clustered instance (in situ) - or fail-over to the alternative node of our 2 node instance - then the defition of the linked server 'disappears' - ie. its gone - no errors no messages - just not there when the instance comes back up.

Has anyone seen anything like this before please.

Note: unfortunately it will be next week before I have access to the system to try any suggestions - but any any ideas will be most gratefully appreciated

• What was set on the security settings for the linked server properties? Some have suggested enabling the "Be made using this security context" option and putting in the other server's sa login information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply