SQL Server Express and Backup / Restore facilities

• Hi. I am trying to include automated backup and restore facilities in a c# .net application. This works fine on the development PCs, but when I deply to clients I get an error saying that I require Microsoft.SqlSever.PipelineHost Version 9.0.242.0 installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).

I imagine that this comes with the full SLQ Server 2005, but may be missing from SQL Express.

Does anyone know how I may get around this problem? Can I install these components as part of my installation process? If so, where do I get them from?

Or, is the Microsoft saying that SQL Express does not allow backups from anywhre other that Management Studio Express?

Help

• I created a few stored procedures for Maintenance on SQL Express and execute them via the Windows Task Scheduler and an OSQL command in a batch (command) file. Works fine.

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply