SQL Server express 2017 Limitaions

• Hi,

What are the limitations of SQL Server express 2017 Limitations.
    How to enable Sql Server Agent in SQL Server express 2017 

Regards
    Binu

• The link will provide side-by-side edition comparison. 
    SQL Server Express does not come with a SQL Agent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• thanks

How take the backup of database from express ver

Regards
    Binu

• You can use Ola's scripts, with Windows Task Scheduler: 

How do I get started with the SQL Server Maintenance Solution on SQL Server Express?

SQL Server Express has no SQL Server Agent. Therefore, the execution of the stored procedures must be scheduled by using cmd files and Windows Scheduled Tasks. Follow these steps.

1. Download MaintenanceSolution.sql.
    2. Execute MaintenanceSolution.sql. This script creates the stored procedures that you need.
    3. Create cmd files to execute the stored procedures; for example:
      sqlcmd -E -S .\SQLEXPRESS -d master -Q "EXECUTE dbo.DatabaseBackup @databases = 'USER_DATABASES', @Directory = N'C:\Backup', @BackupType = 'FULL'" -b -o C:\Log\DatabaseBackup.txt
    4. In Windows Scheduled Tasks, create tasks to call the cmd files.
    5. Schedule the tasks.
    6. Start the tasks and verify that they are completing successfully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Hi,
    Further to above, I have installed sql server express 2017 and Management studio v17.8.1.
    In SSMS, under Management - Maintenance plan is not shown.
    exist only Policy Management, Extended Events and SQL Server Logs.

How can i create maintenance plan in SQL SERVER Express version

Pls advise

Regards
    Binu

• SQL Server Express does not provide the functionality to create maintenance plans, or schedule them. 
    Please familiarize yourself with the limitations of the Editions here

• If you need the functionalities that you're asking for, you'll need to purchase licences for SQL Server Standard Edition instead. Express edition is designed as a lightweight version of SQL Server, with only the core functionality. Agent and maintenance plans, among many other things, not part of that core functionality and are not included with Express.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks...

SQL Server express edition maximum database size 10 GB, is it true ?
    is it included with db log file and file stream folder files ?

Binu

• 10GB is the limit for your data file. 
    If you have multiple data files, the limit applies to the collective sizing, so you can not have 2 x 10GB data files.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply