SQl Server Error:927 during backup

• The issue I am seeing is that when a restore of a 2TB standalone database "A" is going on and a log backup of the a AAG database "B"is launched, the backup fails when it tries to collect the filegroups for database "B". The backup software fires the following query

SELECT groupname, status FROM ..sysfilegroups

The query fails with erro 927 and the description is

Database 'A' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore

The SQL Admin claims there is no dependency of "A" on "B".

Does anybody have any idea on why this would be happening?

Any way for me to find out if there is actually any dependency between A and B using sql queries?

• roland.fernandes - Monday, February 4, 2019 9:03 AM

The issue I am seeing is that when a restore of a 2TB standalone database "A" is going on and a log backup of the a AAG database "B"is launched, the backup fails when it tries to collect the filegroups for database "B". The backup software fires the following query

SELECT groupname, status FROM ..sysfilegroups

The query fails with erro 927 and the description is

Database 'A' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore

The SQL Admin claims there is no dependency of "A" on "B".

Does anybody have any idea on why this would be happening?

Any way for me to find out if there is actually any dependency between A and B using sql queries?

The only reason I can think of is if the software is trying to execute that query from database A. You could setup a server side trace to capture what that software is actually doing when the error occurs. Hard to say....maybe it is trying to change database context to A.

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply