SQL Server Error Msg

• From Event Viewer I got the following message:

The description for Event ID ( 17052 ) in Source ( MSSQLSERVER ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Severity: 16 Error:-2146893020, OS: -2146893020 [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]SQL Network Interfaces: The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed.

Any one knows a clue to this..and how did this occur?

thanks

• The time-difference between the two computers are to large. See if the answer on these two websites give you the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297234

http://suppot.moonpoint.com/os/windows/domain/clocks-skewed.html

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • I received the following error while using SSIS to pull data from one SQL Server to another. This ETL process has been running fine for over 6 months and has now failed twice in the past 3 weeks. When the job is re-initiated it runs fine. Can anyone tell me how to monitor for this during my ETL process, so the job doesn't fail?

Thanks,

Source: st_F0013 Connection manager "JDE_Production"

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Cannot generate SSPI context".

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "SQL Network Interfaces: The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed. ".

End Error Error: 2009-01-11 02:00:03.15 Code: 0xC0202009

• Are you making use of log file under the job? If yes, whats the complete error message in it?

MJ

• I'm new to SSIS and haven't implemented logging yet. After researching this problem, I wish I had.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply