SQL Server Distribution Synchronisation Error

• I have been attempted to setup a transactional replication across two servers.

I am using two separate Virtual Machines. One is running Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard. One is running Windows Server 2012 with SQL Server 2012.

I have been using a guide from Microsoft's website to setup replication data between two connected servers but have run into some errors which I have been unable to fix through solutions found online.

Below are some screenshots taken from the server in hope of showing required data or information where a blatantly obvious mistake could be seen.

Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

- This is the main error I am currently getting when attempting to View Synchronization Status.

- There is a second error I had encountered previously in other iterations of settings. I have been unable to replicate this.

- Here is the information provided at the end of the current Subscription Wizard setup where the original error was produced.

- Showing initial success after wizard has finished.

- Publication Properties from the right click context menu.

- Publication Access List

- Users inside of Northwind database on Subscriber end

If any more information is required for help to be delivered please ask, I'm inexperienced with SQL Server software studios and I am quite unsure what the issue could be.

Thanks for any time and help taken with this question!

• The errors are largely from SQL Agent. They are saying you can not start a job that is currently running. It is nothing to worry over.

• Hey there!

Sorry again, completely new to SQL Server structure in general, when checking inside of the Northwind Database on the Test-2012 server it seems to have done no initial sync of data.

Would there be a reason that this could have happened and the transactional replication still working?

Thanks again for the help!

• Check to see if the snapshot job has run. If you right click on the replication in Management Studio, you should see an option for View Snapshot Agent Status.

• Couldn't find the exact option but launched Replication Monitor and went to the agents tab and found this

Total list of the error

Error messages:

Message: Cannot promote the transaction to a distributed transaction because there is an active save point in this transaction.

Command Text: sp_MSactivate_auto_sub

Parameters: @publication = Northwind

@article = %

@status = initiated

Stack: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.AgentCore.ReMapSqlException(SqlException e, SqlCommand command)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.AgentCore.ExecuteWithResults(CommandSetupDelegate commandSetupDelegate, ProcessResultsDelegate processResultsDelegate, Int32 queryTimeout)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.TransSnapshotProvider.SetPublisherTranSequenceNumViaAutoSub(PublicationActivationState publicationActivationState, SqlConnection connection)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.TransSnapshotProvider.ActivateCSSPublicationAndSetTranSequenceNums(PublicationActivationState publicationActivationState, SqlConnection connection)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.TransSnapshotProvider.ConcurrentPreArticleFilesGenerationTransaction(SqlConnection connection)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.RetryableSqlServerTransactionManager.ExecuteTransaction(Boolean bLeaveTransactionOpen)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.TransSnapshotProvider.DoConcurrentPreArticleFilesGenerationProcessing()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.TransSnapshotProvider.DoPreArticleFilesGenerationProcessing()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.SqlServerSnapshotProvider.GenerateSnapshot()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.SnapshotGenerationAgent.InternalRun()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.AgentCore.Run() (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 3933)

Get help: http://help/3933

Server WIN-91KB167NSAK, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_MSrepl_changesubstatus, Line 1249

Cannot promote the transaction to a distributed transaction because there is an active save point in this transaction. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 3933)

Get help: http://help/3933%5B/code%5D

Thanks again for any continued help! It's really appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply