SQL server DB Mail

• HI Hi, I have a specific requirement for sending SQL server DB mail. In my scenario, the SQL Server query output should be sent as a PDF or Excel attachment via DB mail. I've successfully sent the query output in HTML format, but now I need the query result set to be sent as a PDF attachment.

My question is How do I output the results of a query to PDF? and attach then send a dbmail?

Regards

v.s.satheesh

• This topic was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  vs.satheesh.
  • vs.satheesh wrote:

HI Hi, I have a specific requirement for sending SQL server DB mail. In my scenario, the SQL Server query output should be sent as a PDF or Excel attachment via DB mail. I've successfully sent the query output in HTML format, but now I need the query result set to be sent as a PDF attachment.

Regards

v.s.satheesh

OK, now tell us what your question is:

• How do I output the results of a query to PDF?
    • How do I output the results of a query to Excel?
    • How do I add an attachment to a DBMail message?
    • something else?

Remember that questions end with a question mark (?) Simply providing us with a requirement and expecting us to know what you want is laziness on your part.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Sorry Edited

• vs.satheesh wrote:

Sorry Edited

Bravo, that's much better.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Don't. Use SQL Server Reporting Services or some other external service.

• My advice is: never use SQL server email capability for third party apps.   Please use third part app to take care of the emailing capability.

DBASupport

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply