SQL Server database monitoring tool.

• Hi Expertise,

Kindly suggest  SQL Server database Centralize monitoring tools with historical reports for all target DB Servers ON-Prime and CLOUD based setup.

Thanks

• CLOUD based setup: Do you mean that the monitoring tool should run in the cloud

And you want it to monitor on-premises databases (Servers ON-Prime)?

Or a monitoring tool that runs in cloud / on premises and should be capable of monitoring SQL Server on-premises (versions starting from 2008?) and also Azure SQL (DB / Managed Instance )?

What kind of historical reports do you expect?

As this forum is sponsored by redgate, you might check out https://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-monitor/ "Watch the on-demand demo webinar"

• I work for Redgate, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

You want to go and get a copy of Redgate SQL Monitor. You can check it out at monitor.red-gate.com. It's running live there. We support Azure (including pools, Azure SQL Database and Managed Instance), AWS RDS, GCP Data Platform and of course, VMs and good old fashioned hardware.

Personally, I think we're the best. However, if you want to compare us to someone, I'd suggest Solarwinds SentryOne. There are a couple of other competitors out there, but I don't think they're nearly as good (and in fact, one competitor, who I really can't name in public, is actively dangerous to your servers).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Hi,

I work not for RedGate, but we were able to run a POC with the RedGate SQL Monitor. And we testet a lot of monitoring tools.

After a long long time, we decided to buy the RedGate SQL Monitor.

Just take a look at the online link from Grant, or try the 14 day trial edition.

I think it is easy to install and configure.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply