SQL Server Database Administrator Interview Questions

• Jeff Moden - Monday, February 25, 2019 8:17 AM

Brandie Tarvin - Monday, February 25, 2019 4:49 AM

Wow, Lowell, I'm not sure I'd be too confident of myself after getting all those questions. Some of them I've only encountered once or twice and would actually have to look up before I could answer your question. "Yeah, I know what it is, but off the top of my head, I don't have the details."

On the other hand, at least 85% of those questions I could write essays about.

Heh... he forgot the first question I always ask... "How do you get the current date and time using T-SQL?"  It was meant to be a simple ice-breaker to get the interviewee to start to relax but turned out to be a very effective a litmus strip.

Personally, I prefer to ask about the different JOIN types. I rather have someone that answers Oracle's SYSDATE or MySQL CURDATE() because that's what they've been working on the last years, than someone that believe a LEFT JOIN is different from an OUTER JOIN (I didn't ask that, they just mentioned they were different).

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply