SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer

• Hello Everyone!

MS has just come out with a new tool -- SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer (BPA). Check it out. I am really very impressed with the tool. It really reduces the donkey work that is involved in maintaining the DBs as DBAs and Developers.

Try it and you would agree with me!!

Paras Shah
    Evision Technologies
    Mumbai, India

• What about it impressed you?  And where did you download it from?

• Download link :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b352eb1f-d3ca-44ee-893e-9e07339c1f22&DisplayLang=en

Best Practices Analyzer Tool for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 1.0

Microsoft SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer is a database management tool that lets you verify the implementation of common Best Practices on your servers.

Quick Info

File Name:

bpasetup.msi

Download Size:

3978 KB

Date Published:

5/25/2004

Version:

Overview

Microsoft SQL Server Best Practices Analyzer is a database management tool that lets you verify the implementation of common Best Practices. These best practices typically relate to the usage and administration aspects of SQL Server databases and ensure that your SQL Servers are managed and operated well.

Paras Shah
    Evision Technologies
    Mumbai, India

• I really like this analyzer as well . One of the benefits from it is that I have an "official" MS declaration of best practices that I can now incorporate into our corporate standards for SQL applications. It also allows me to review 3rd party applications  and be proactive requesting changes to eliminate surprises when we migrate to SQL 2005.

One I wish though,  I wish I could see the white paper(s) that the best practices analyzer was based on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply