SQL Server Barcodes

• I reviewed the barcode TTF for Code 128, and it appears that the codes for "C" and "F" were not saved correctly.  I suspect it had something to do with using a trial version of the font editing software.  I've used another package to update the fonts and have emailed them to you directly.  I'll review the remaining barcode fonts and submit the corrected versions to Sql Server Central after I test them further.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Michael,

Thanks for your update and response.  We are not having any other issues.

BillyBoy

• Hi,

Very nice article, which was just the kind of thing I was looking for. However, when I create a barcode for BarCode 1, it won't scan. Producing one for arCode 1 works fine, so there seems to be a problem with the B. I notice a previous poster had a similar issue which you resolved. Would it be possible to email the new files, or update the site?

Regards

Peter

• Hi Peter,

Private message me your email address and I'll send it to you as soon as I can - either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.  I'll also send to Steve and ask him to update on the site.

Thanks,

Mike C.

• Can anyone help a newbie?

I am not a prgrammer. Just a networking guy stuck with managing a new database that manages our maintenance program and inventory.

The work order section is easy. But the inventory section is a nightmare in that the inventory arrives at my warehouse, then gets checked out for initial testing and configuration, then checked back into warehouse inventory, then gets issued to contractors who install it in the field (becomes part of field inventory by location), and then my technicians maintain it in the field often swapping out parts that also must be tracked.

What I want to do is create a bar code upon initial entry into the database and use that to track the item through its lifecycle at different locations. I understand that barcode readers are simply I/O devices like a keyboard. What I need is a means to interface a barcode reader with my database so that I can track the movement of this inventory.

Database setup is SQl 2005 server with a web interface using Apache and JBoss.

Any suggestions on compatible readers and 3rd party interfaces that may be a good starting point for this solution?

Thanks

• Interesante articulo, justo lo que necesitaba....

este sitio es excelente

• I try to encode one Code 39 below with two "*" start and stop characters at both sides. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply