SQL server BACKUP errors

• how will we come to know that backup is failed ? recently i had attend one interview they were asked like this

i searched in google but i didnt find the answers

• In the SQL Server Error Log. Please try to go through the Books Online and SSMS

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• ssk0507 (8/19/2010)

how will we come to know that backup is failed ? recently i had attend one interview they were asked like this

i searched in google but i didnt find the answers

A friendly advice, please do not mug up answers from internet. Instead try installing SQL server, create test database and play around with them.

To answer your question:

If the backup is scheduled using a sql agent job, the job failure indicates that backup also failed.

Using custom written code for backup and upon failure send email notification.

HTH,

Cheers !

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HTH !
    Kin
    MCTS : 2005, 2008
    Active SQL Server Community Contributor 🙂

• Configure backup through the maintenance plan and in that

allow it to send email to operator through the notify operator task, in case the backup fails.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Probably you can add the next step to the backup jobs or maintenance jobs to send email notification,whenever the job fails.

Please let me know if you find any issue with email notification part.

Thanks,

Deepak sahu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply