SQL Server appcrash PISDK.dll

• Hi, all!

Today I got this error on my production system:

Faulting application name: sqlservr.exe, version: 2009.100.6560.0, time stamp: 0x5a45aa02

Faulting module name: PISDK.dll, version: 1.4.4.486, time stamp: 0x55256267

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x000000000040aff9

Faulting process id: 0x630

Faulting application start time: 0x01d79c6558e35cc4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\PIPC\pisdk\PISDK.dll

Report Id: 8ec91771-1611-11ec-bd08-005056815ac2

I was pretty scared.

I examined the SQL Server log files as well as the Windows Events log file.

There is nothing in the SQL Server log to tell you what the problem is.

In the Windows log, I found the message that I wrote above.

The server did not create a dump.

My manager requires me to answer how to avoid such a situation.

Any idea?

Regards.

• To me it looks like it isn't a SQL Server issue, but something with "PIPC" or "pisdk".  Not sure what those are, but google makes it look like it is some sort of database compression technology?  Not sure if my google-fu is giving me good results mind you.

PISDK from my google-fu shows it is Pi SDK.

I would look at what PIPC is and what pisdk is and make sure you need them and are using them appropriately and check the logs for those tools.  I expect that those tools generate their own logs and should indicate what went wrong.

How to avoid this situation from happening again - remove PIPC/PiSDK.  Now that may not be reasonable depending on what those tools are being used for.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply